Speartech Fuel Injection Systems, Inc., is owned and operated by John Spears, a lifelong car enthusiast.
John was a GM electrical systems engineer for 23 years with a good portion of that time spent in engine controls and ignition system development.
John's GM job assignments were widespread and included the following:
This experience has provided a deep, unmatched understanding of electronic fuel injection systems and how to properly adapt these systems, as well as complete engines, to other vehicles.
This work experience, combined with a lifelong passion for automobiles, led to the creation of Speartech Fuel Injection Systems, Inc.!
- worked in the Delphi engine dynamometer area developing many of today's GM ignition systems.
- worked on the GM Cold Startability Taskforce, which focused on improved engine computer calibrations for quick starting engines in cold weather.
- headed up the Delphi PCM subsystems laboratory, which dealt with the interface between the PCM and the ignition system.
John's education, training and awards consist of:
The mix of today's high-tech engines that offer great mileage, low emissions, drivability, reliability AND high horsepower, along with the classic looks of yesterday's muscle cars and street rods, means we can help you create the ultimate vehicle of your dreams!
- Purdue University - Electrical Engineering Technology degree.
- General Motors/Delco Remy electrical systems service school graduate.
- ASE Certified Master Technician.
- ASE 'L1' Automotive Advanced Engine Performance certification.
- Honored by ASE for perfect score on Automotive Electrical Systems test.
- GM Certified: Computer Command Controls.
- GM Certified: Port Fuel Injection Systems.
- GM Certified: TECH 1 Diagnostic Tool.
- GM Certified: TECH 2 Diagnostic Tool.
- GM Certified: Techline Field Training.
- Awarded a U.S. Patent (4,731,543) for an electronic starting motor control system.
Speartech Fuel Injection Systems, Inc.